Saturday, April 16, 2011

What I'm Drawing Now 3rd Day - Portrait of Melanie

This is the progress after the 3rd day of work. The lips are almost finished - more darks and lifting of highlights will come later. Also, the modelling around the mouth will be done - these shadows will go a long way to achieve a likeness.

Now, I am working on the skin tones. I've started to model the nose and am building up layers on the face, modelling as I go. There are 4 basic layers on the skin, at this stage, and I am just beginning to use pink and orange hues to model the contours of the face. Later, I will use a soft violet and increasingly darker tones to gradually create depth and translucency.

1 comment:

  1. It's starting to really look like a face. Your picture is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. I appreciate your comments and feedback. Vicky